|The congregation has its roots in the heart of Coventry and left the Church of England in 1662, following the Act of Uniformity. Throughout our long history we have stood for freedom of thought in matters of religion. The original Chapel was in Great Smithford Street, and was sold in the 1930s. The current building dates from 1937, and is on Holyhead Road, just off Junction 8 of the Coventry Inner Ring Road.|
The church’s organ is the oldest surviving working Hammond electric valve organ in Britain (a model B3). It was imported by Boosey & Hawkes in October 1936, and arrived in this country in style, in the cargo hold of the Queen Mary. It was restored in 2001.
Click images to zoom